You are here: Institute People Academic Staff et al. Jarrett, Martin
Student-Assessed Evaluation Result
A full-semester and elective course for international students.
Teaching methods: lecturing (direct instruction).
Student count: 9
The course covered the following topics:
- Basic concepts of international commercial arbitration;
- Governing laws of the procedure and substance;
- Pre-hearing matters (arbitration agreements, arbitrability, and arbitral parties);
- Arbitral hearings (initiating processes, building the arbitral tribunal, challenging jurisdiction, conducting arbitral hearings, and involvement of courts); and
- Post-hearing matters (recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards and challenging arbitral awards).
Assessments task consisted of in-class examination (essay-style questions).