Corona virus - Important information - Please take note!
The library is closed to the public until June 30, 2020, or until further notice.
The reading rooms are closed. Unfortunately, new registrations are currently not possible and no reading room spaces can be allocated at the moment
In the reading room on the ground floor (in the back of the building), emergency operation with reduced seating (14 seats) has been set up exclusively for scholarship holders, ex-scholarship holders and invited guests of the Institute. In special cases, permission to use the reading room can only be obtained through the directors of the Institute.
Should you have any questions about the current special conditions and procedures, please send an email to: email@example.com
We ask for your understanding. Thank you.
Important information for currently approved readingroom guests:
The service desk is opened only in the mornings, Monday to Thursday. The regular library service cannot be guaranteed.
- Approved guests can use the reading room from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
- Users are asked to sign-in on a daily basis, with their name and user number, using the list located in front of the service desk.
In the ground floor reading room, assigned workspaces have recently been set up. A maximum of 15 books per guest can be deposited at the respective workplace.
When returning your books, please place them on the return trolley, which is located next to the loan desk.
- Books on the shelves in the reading rooms have been returned to the library stacks.
The main task of the library is to provide the Institute’s academic staff with information of all kinds. The library is a reference library, which implies that no items may be lent out externally. The library is open to researchers from all around the world, who may use the facility as invited guests. PhD students and students (a faculty member’s letter of reference is required) are allowed to use the library, too.
Please send acquisition request via the form below to the Institute's library.
Information about the Library at a glance
Library staff are available for assistance (including registration):
|Monday - Friday
||10:30 - 16:00
New Registration at the Library is only possible within the service times.
The library’s Reading Rooms provide 76 workplaces, including 4 research stations with PCs. W-LAN is available under certain conditions; additionally the Institute takes part in eduroam. You can find technical hardware in the library like book scanner (USB stick required) and printers.
Members of the following three groups are able to access our licensed online resources on application: PhD students, post-doctoral students and researchers or scholarship holders of an academic institution.
The library's Reading Rooms are open for usage:
1. April - 31. October:
|Monday - Friday
||08:30 - 21:00
||10:00 - 19:30
1. November - 31. March:
|Monday - Friday
||08:30 - 19:00
||10:00 - 13:00
Please ask firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The library is a reference library, i.e. loans outside the Institute are
excluded. The library is not participating in national or
interlibrary loan. Scans (carbon copies as an exception)
and monographs may be sent under adherence to the
copyright law in force
by our interlibrary loan.
10 golden rules concerning the reading room
- The library is a reference library. It is not permitted to remove reference materials from the Institute.
- Please register your name in the guestbook before using the reading room.
- You may order 10 books per day, and you are allowed to have 30 books checked-out on your library account at one time.
- Please store your books only on the shelf assigned to you.
- Please put your bags in the lockers of the library and don’t take them into the library. For jackets and coats please use the wardrobe.
- Eating and drinking is only allowed in the common room. It is permitted to take water into the reading room if the bottle is removed afterwards.
- It is necessary to remain quiet in the reading room.
- Please keep your reading place tidy and put your books back on the shelf assigned to you every day.
- Please inform the library if you want to finish your residence and return all your borrowed books.
- If you do not use the library for four weeks, the library reserves the right to empty your shelf and use it otherwise.